The Manatee Tank provides an opportunity to learn about entrepreneurship through the development and presentation of a business idea to a panel of judges. Participants in the competition will have an opportunity to define their ideas in commercial terms and to compete for funding opportunities as well as cash prizes that could be used to further the commercialization of their inventions.
We are all about helping you build a great startup. You bring the passion, ambition and your idea for the next big thing, and we'll help you bring your idea to life.
We aim to help ambitious entrepreneurs and startups to set up their business in Manatee County. While it can be an incredibly exciting experience, there are undoubtedly challenges and often a fairly comprehensive list of tasks that will need to be completed before your business is fully up and running.
The judges will evaluate each Business Plan based on the following:
- Content of the plan, including the thoroughness and quality of the analysis
- Effective use of business information and research
- Clear communication
- Effective use and impact of the prize money
- Probability of successful launch
- Community Impact and job creation potential
- Quality and effectiveness of final presentation (in the event the applicant becomes a finalist and is invited to present)
We seek to attract entrepreneurs who are already located in Manatee County OR are willing to relocate here. Basing your business in Manatee County is a prerequisite for receiving the grant and all current entrepreneurs are investing their time in making the Manatee startup scene even stronger.
How to apply:
Please contact us to submit your pitch.